On this show, we talk to Elyse Gallegos, a 6x Ironman and Kona-bound triathlete for the Timex Multisport team.
Topics covered include:
- Her approach to Ironman races
- Impressions of Ironman Chattanooga (her Kona-qualifier from 2015)
- Swim strategy and run pacing for Chattanooga
- Balancing training with her work as a NICU nurse
- Preparations for Kona
- Team-provided gear for the Kona Underpants Run
- Post-Kona Plans (cupcakes, wine and pie runs)
- Ironman nutrition and diet
- What she packs in her special needs bags for Ironman
Also, we run down results from the pro circuit
- American Medal Sweep by Summer Cook, Sarah True and Katie Zaferes
- Jonathon Brownlee wins the men’s race
70.3 World Championships
- Aussie Tim Reed bringing the win home after almost being dropped by two-time 70.3 champ Sebastian Kienle on the run.
- Great Britian’s Holly Lawerence held the lead from 60k on the bike through the finish. Defending champion Daniella Ryf struggled, finishing just off the podium in fourth.