As we look forward to the Rev3 Knoxville race on May 22nd, we wanted to talk to the people that make such a large event come together. Ashley Quinn and Tracy Bryant joined us on the show talk about their role in making Rev3 a success.
We covered a lot of ground, including:
- History and development of the Knoxville race
- That one time Rev 3 President Eric Opdyke bought it on the infamous train tracks
- The unique way they celebrate each the last-place finisher at each race
- Where they’d hold a race if money and logistics were not an object (Anyone for Rev3 Anchorage?)
- Swimmers that really want to practice in rip tide and hurricanes
- The open water swim race and clinic that has been added to this year’s Knoxville race
- The perks of volunteering. Hint…hint….