This week on the show, triathlon legend Charlotte Mahan. Charlotte is a 9-time participant in the Xterra World Championships and became the oldest woman to complete that course last year, at 70. She has raced for 32 years, completing over 200 races, and joined us to share some of the amazing stories she’s collected from her career.
- Running a race in former Ironman World Champion Greg Welch‘s shoes
- How fellow Xterra competitor and age-record setting competitor Ron Hill once made miss a time cutoff
- Running in 107-degree heat at the Xterra Lock 4 Race
- Having to be thawed out in an ambulance after racing in Lake Tahoe
- Her first Ironman last year at Chattanooga–and flying blind with equipment failure
- Why beer is an approved treatment in the medical tent
Also, Chris and Lana recap the Knoxville Marathon and preview some upcoming races around the area.
Photo credits: Marcus Barton