How much can mental performance affect your PRs, Podiums and overall well-being? Mental Performance Coach Emily Johnson shares her experience in coaching endurance athletes and the keys to training your brain to increase your performance, rather than drag it down.
Pre-race nerves? 1)Stay in the Moment 2)Tackle Each Step 3)Trust Your Training -Emily Johnson Mental Performance Coach
We cover topics such as:
- What mental challenges or issues occur at higher frequency among endurance athletes?
- Just how much effect does mental state have on physical performance?
- Calming techniques for racing
- Addressing fears and worries
- How to develop positive self-talk
- How to establish a workout mentality
- Establishing a purpose for the workout to make training effective
- How visualization can help you keep a clear head in the middle of stressful situations (like a race)
- Why does the big post-event let down occur? How can we minimize it?
- How to not let sport become an unhealthy obsession (See this quiz on Exercise Addition)
For questions and coaching inquiries, you can contact Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org
Show Open: Jazzhar “Roads that Burned Our Boots”
Show Close: Boxcat Games “Epic Song”