In the final installment of our three-part series on race planning, preparation and execution, we talk about what is, in fact, the ultimate goal of all our planning and training: race day.
Topics we cover include:
- Proper planning and setup for speedy transitions
- Pacing (and how to be the rare disciplined athlete that does not start too fast)
- Race etiquette and how to be a good representative for the sport
- The two kinds of race reports (internal for you and your coach, external for public consumption) and what details make them helpful and entertaining
- Analyzing post-race data–and how to use it to improve