In this impromptu roundtable, one-and-done Ironman Derek Tingle quizzes host Chris Gerard at the eight-week-out mark from his first 140.6 at Michigan Titanium.
Many topics were covered, most resulting in incredulous laughter on Derek’s part.
- His questionable training choices swimming and biking last winter
- How a different approach helped in the first 70.3 of the season
- How he’s adjusting to the calmer, slower pace needed for the 140.6
- How his training has changed to tackle the full
- How he can put up with the most repetitive of courses
- For the first time on the podcast, Chris tells “The Mountain Bike Century” story. If you do nothing else, skip to about the 35 minute mark and revel in the naivete and stupidity of Chris’s first century ride.
Lost in Transition sponsor LB Endurance has partnered with XTERRA to offer you exclusive savings on their best gear. Use discount code CO-LBENDURANCE for 55% off the best-selling VORTEX full wetsuit, shipping now, in time for whatever your summer has in store. Code CO-LBENDURANCE will also unlock serious discounts, including Transition Backpacks for just $39, regularly $99, Inflatable Swim Buoys for just $12, regularly $39, and a 10-foot inflatable SUP package for only $479, normally $1200.