This week, Lana Burl runs down some of the most common questions triathletes have about the “off” season. When you’re training toward a goal race, your focus and the steps you need to take are usually well-defined, but after the last race of the year its easy to do too little, too much, or have no plan.
Some topics we talked about include:
- What does a “structured” off season look like?
- Should you try Crossfit?
- Does the easy/intensity split of 80/20 change over the winter?
- How do you maintain a base-level fitness?
- What are some good ways to track that base-level fitness?
- How do your nutrition requirements change in the off season?
- How do you give yourself a good mental break?
We also referenced some information from other previous podcasts, check them out here:
Dr. Kevin Sprouse
Triathlon Nutrition with Lizzy Miller, RDN