Larry jumped in with both feet (and running shoes …and a pull buoy) to the SwimRun format last year, along with his sister-in-law (popular Lost in Transition Guest and multisport standout Jaime Brede) at SwimRun NC in 2016.
We covered topics like:
- Why does the SwimRun format use teams of two people?
- How does strategy for a SwimRun race vary from the Aquathlon format with which many triathletes are familiar?
- How in the heck do you prevent blisters while running and swimming in your shoes?
- Many SwimRun events are in the spring or fall. What are some of the unique advantages and challenges to holding a SwimRun race in Knoxville during July?
- What does the course look like for SwimRun RockyKnox?
Not ready to take the plunge just yet? They’re also looking for volunteers!